Business Office Manager
Champion Automation & Measurement Services is seeking a Business Office Manager to support our mission: Our mission is to be the best oilfield controls provider, by exceeding the expectations of our customers. At Champion Automation, we consistently perform value-related installation & maintenance services, with gold standard professionalism.We are looking for a Business Office Manager that shares our Core Values.
About the Position
Reporting directly to the President of Champion, the Business Office Manager may from time to time have permanent or temporary office staff directly reporting to the position.
- Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Education Preferred: Bachelor’s in Accounting from a 4-year university
- Minimum: 2 years of working with construction, or field service
- Preferred: 2+ years of accounting and finance work in an oil field services company
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Required: Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Required: Financial Accounting Software experience (Sage 300, QuickBooks Enterprise or other similar)
- Preferred: QuickBooks Enterprise
- Physical Requirements
- Typical office environment lifting, sitting, and standing requirements.
- Mental Requirements
- Must be able to perform advanced accounting analysis and calculations as required.
- Must be fluent in English and be able to communicate with office staff, customers.
- Must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and vendors regarding credit and payments.
The position will be responsible for the following in order to help Champion operate smoothly. These responsibilities may change from time to time as required by changing business conditions, company management structure, or other reason that management deems appropriate.
- Business Office Manager is to uphold their own compliance and adherence to Champion policies including safety, professionalism, quality, etc.
- Maintains an effective perpetual system of internal controls and records over financial transactions, including cash management/cash flow projections, a documented system of accounting policies, procedures, and reporting.
- Assure that Human Resources functions of staffing level, training, evaluations, safety, and payroll are adequately managed to enhance the safety, quality, productivity, and profitability of the company.
- Provide annual budgeting guidance for management planning.
- Manage the annual review process with outside CPA firm.
- Make suggestions for additional actions management may take to improve business.
- Compile weekly metric and KPI reports from accounting and payroll data for weekly management review.
- Analyze and review risk and insurance indemnity for management’s consideration.
- Manage accounting support staff.
- Ensure all taxes are filed and paid accurately and on time.
- Perform monthly, and annual, period end closings.
- Manage reconciliation of cash balances.
- Manage reconciliation of customer and vendor accounts (i.e. AR and AP)
- Review financial statements on a regular basis with Management and identify any areas of concern or opportunity for profitability improvement.
- Provide monthly financial statements including, Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows
- Provide weekly cash management/cash flow projections using Champion’s cash management tool.
- Provide ad hoc financial statements as requested by the President.
- Provide training and support to subordinate staff.
- Provide support to company through mining of financial records (i.e. support operational efficiency data for reporting)
- Manage projected cash flow and make recommendations to increase the company’s financial strength.
- Provide the company’s banking partner with all agreed to reports and schedules; for example: Borrowing Base Report, Cash Flow, AR detail, AP Detail).
- Establishes and directs preparation of studies, reports and analysis in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Make recommendations to the Management Team for adjustments and additions to the Organizational Chart.
- Manage and record any incentive programs that the company may have now or in the future.
- Actively recruit new employees to fill job openings as agreed with Management by meeting regularly with the Management Team to assure all staffing needs are addressed, conducting interviews with prospective candidates, and communicating with the President and Management Team on a regular basis.
- Instructs departmental managers on the proper procedure for employee separations and maintains complete and accurate documentation regarding employee separations.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees that have decided to resign their position. Assure that exit check list is completed for all employees that leave the company.
- Maintain employee benefits program including, medical insurance, short-term disability, and retirement plans.
- Conduct performance reviews of subordinate staff on a quarterly basis.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled management meetings.
Champion Automation & Measurement Services is seeking an Automation Technician to join our growing team of oil and gas automation specialists in Perryton, Texas and Stillwater, Oklahoma.
Duties include automation installation as well as corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance on process equipment. Knowledge of and exposure to pumps, valves, electrical theory, motor control, frequency drives, ladder logic, RTUs, PID control, pressurized air, natural gas systems is excellent, but not necessary. The Automation Technician will work closely with other technicians and production personnel.
Job Responsibilities (not all skills required prior to employment):
- Troubleshoot electrical and communication equipment
- Use measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers and multi-meters
- Respond to process equipment breakdowns, diagnose problems and make repairs with a heightened sense of urgency
- Operate shop equipment such as belt sander, band saw and grinder
- Basic computer use such as email, word processing and Windows
- Basic communication skills, both written and verbal
- Troubleshoot electrical circuits for process equipment
Education & Experience (required):
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- High school diploma or GED
- 12 hours of walking and standing
- Safely work indoors and outdoors
- Carry equipment, frequently weighing up to 50 lbs., alone
- Work on slippery and uneven surfaces, at heights, in confined spaces and in awkward positions
- Ability to walk, stand and climb ladders
- Ability to grasp and hold objects and tools with full range of wrist and arm motion
- Vision capacity to perform fine measurements and differentiate between colored wires, and sufficient hearing capacity to understand conversations
- Must be able to work on the manufacturing production floor
- Work outdoors in all seasons and conditions
- Work in industrial environment, limited climate control, requiring basic PPE
Champion works in a growing technology sector. We are a small, successful oil and gas automation company that values our employees. We reward deserving employees with performance-based promotions and bonuses, and offer an extensive benefits package, including:
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) Plan
- Health Insurance